George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I had a 74155 washing machine fitted yesterday.

I had a 74155 washing machine fitted yesterday. It starts and washes ok but when it gets to the rinse and spin section - it 'hangs' - the timer countdown also pauses. I have checked and have not inadvertently pressed in the 'no Rinse' button -to get it to spin I am having to turn it of, move dial to rinse/spin and then turn it on again - why is this please ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me if there are any lights lit or flashing when this happens.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cycle stops at the Rinse point - displays a still orange light next to Rinse with 22 mins left to run ob the cycle. After a couple of mins the rinse and wash lights start to flash but nothing else happens. Pushing the start/pause button makes no difference.

Ok Karen thankyou..

Can you follow this procedure for me and come back to me with the results:

Close the machine door if opened.
Move program selection switch to CANCEL position.
Then, while pressing START/PAUSE button, bring the program selection switch to the first program in the clockwise direction.

1. Are 7_Seg display or LEDs energized?

2. Is the door of the machine locked?

3. Is there any error code showing in the display, or are any of the downward LEDs lit?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had the same problem again this morning and the machine stopped at 0:31 minutes left of the program.

I have just tried what you suggested:

- the '60 degrees' LED is lit

- the '1500 LED' is lit

- the door is unlocked

- the 'ready' LED is lit

- the 'END' LED is flashing

Karen, can I ask; is this a new washer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - yes it is

I am not in front of the appliance so I cannot definitively say, but, it seems like the appliance is either being over foamed (too much detergent), or it has stopped due to being out of balance and has not been able to balance the load for some time..

If you are SURE that either of these two scenarios are NOT the case, then the appliance should be returned to the Supplier immediately, or the manufacturer should be contacted to have the appliance repaired under warranty.