Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a CDA washe

Customer Question

I have a CDA washer dryer which is not rinsing properly, leaving soap residue on the clothes and leaving the clothes dripping wet. What charge would be made for a call out.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Valerie, my name is George..

The charge would depend on which company called out to assist you and the area of the country that you live in...

Can you please provide me with your postcode so I may assist you in finding an appliance engineer local to you

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not wish to continue with my question. I felt that I was tricked into providing my card details just to find out that what you really wanted was for me to sign up to an ongoing contract. The answer that you gave that you would charge me £33 just to answer my question was not an answer at all. I feel that you have charged me £33 for absolutely nothing at all apart from telling me that you would charge me £33. I do not want your answer and I do not want your service. This is the sort of scam which should be best dealt with by Anne Robinson and Watchdog. I just want to cancel your service but clearly you are not going to let me out. I think that your node of operating is despicable.

Dear Valerie,

I am a service engineer an only here to assist you with your appliance problem; I am not administration, so I have absolutely nothing to do with your payment.

'Additional Service' and 'Subscription' request are completely discretionary, and one should only opt into them if one so wishes.

I can assist you further with either getting an engineer in your area (If you can let me know your postcode), or letting you know what the problem with your appliance is, if you wish, or alternatively, I can forward you back to customer services with a view to ceasing the request and getting a refund.

Please let me know what you wish me to do.

regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please forward me back to customer services, I just wish to cease my request and have my 'deposit' refunded.

Unfortunately your website makes absolutely no provision to enable anyone to cease their request prior to you taking the 'deposit'

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

why are you no longer replying to my messages? I gave you my answer in my last message which was that I just to cease my request and have my 'deposit' refunded

Like I say Valerie, I am an appliance engineer and this is not my webside..

I will do as you request and return you to customer services forthwith. You will hear nothing further from me as the query will be locked.
Please discuss this with Customer Services when they contact you.