George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My age dishwasher stops mid cycle and an illuminated button

Customer Question

Hi, my age dishwasher stops mid cycle and an illuminated button with and arrow pointing at straight line is on. Can you explain what this is?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you give me the PNC from the label on the side of the door please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
###-##-####01 thanks
Sharon, can you describe the fault a little clearer or better still using the paper clip symbol in the menu-bar post a picture of what you are seeing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the dishwasher cycle starts fine then 20 or so minutes into the cycle a beeping starts, when I open the door there's a red light next to a Sybil that has an arrow pointing at a straight vertical line.
Thanks. ***** look to see if the symbol is in the service manual, can you check how many times it beeps please.
Is the LED just lit or is it flashing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just the led lit doesn't flash

Then the led not flashing and the arrow pointing to the vertical line means that the cycle has ended

Count the beeps for me and let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But it doesn't run the full cycle. For example I had a 60 min cycle on and it finished five mins after the release of the washing tab
Yes Sharon... The appliance has ended the cycle because there is a fault. The beeps are an error code.. If you can tell me how many beeps there are before it takes a break and starts beeping again, I can tell you what that code is, and what it is saying is wrong with the appliance.
Switch off the appliance
Press buttons 1 & 3 simultaneously and hold down
Press On/Off to switch the appliance on, still holding down buttons 1 & 3 until LEDs LD1, LD2 and LD3 begin to
flash (about 4 seconds)

Reading the alarms
Press button S1 to start the function: LEDs LD2 and LD3 switch off; LD1 continues to flash.

The first alarm stored in memory will be displayed and the end of cycle LED starts to flash a certain amount of times before pausing to indicate the alarm. The buzzer also sounds in synchronization with the flashing of the LED.
Count the flashes/beeps

Press button 1 again to display the second alarm.

Leave the buttons alone for 60 seconds
Do we have a fault code now Sharon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George, we have six beeps and the end of cycle led is the only light flashing.

The problem you have is with the heating circuit.. The list of possible causes is extensive for that sort of error:

Heating element faulty; intervention of safety thermostats (open);
Wiring / Connection fault under the door or at the heater;
NTC sensor (poor thermal contact);
Insufficient water circulating in the tub;
Washing pump faulty (impeller stripped);
Circuit board faulty.

Can you start the cycle again and check that there is enough water in the tub
Also check to see if the water is getting warm/hot
If there is enough water in the tub, and it is heating, check that it is not getting too hot
Check that the appliance is pumping out ok

Please rate the assistance given by me & once rated, feel free to return for further advice should you need it