George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch Exxcell Dishwasher. There are several ref numbers

I have a Bosch Exxcell Dishwasher. There are several ref numbers inside the door: SD13GT1B and SRS45E18GB/26. Having filled for a normal cycle it failed to drain. We therefore opened door, removed the filter and manually emptied. On mopping out the drain hole, something obviously cleared and the dregs ran out as normal.However, on selecting a rinse cycle to check there was no inflow of water and the machine seems to have stayed on the drain mode.
Suggestions please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Are you saying that the appliance is filling but also pumping out, or are you saying that it is not filling, it is just pumping?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It failed to drain. Having mannually emptied, it appeared to drain but then wouldn't fill.

The pump does appear to be working now.

Thank you Andrew; inside the filter housing, above the pump, there is a peice that covers the pump impellor... has that been dislodged? If it has, the pump will continue to pump but will not empty...

Alternatively, If the pump is running and that piece is not dislodged, then check the hoses entering and exiting the pump for blockages of fat

but I would suggest that it is the part that has been dislodged
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have checked as you suggest but there is nothing obviously disconnected and the appliance is regularly checked for fat. Residual water in the sump is clean.

Can you describe what you mean by the pump impeller please?

Might it be that with switching on and off and manually emptying that we have confused the electronic brain?

The pump impellor is like the propellor on a ship.. It is what directs the water.. however, if the cover is missing, it will only churn the water and will not direct it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yep, the impeller is in the cover that comes off. That is spinning OK and the surrounding filter is clean. There is some clean residual water in the sump beneath.

Is there a small removable plastic piece covering the impellor? and if so, is it located correctly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is a small plastic flap at the front of the sump and this seems to be free. I have tried switching on to check but the timer remains on '1' and so it cannot result until '0' until the residual water is gone, I suspect.

If that is the piece that is supposed to cover the impellor then it needs to be placed back where is is supposed to be else the pump cnnot cause a pumping action, it will therefore stay in a neutral mode as it were.. similar to a ship that is not moving.

Soak-up the water with a towel and you should then see its location point.

I am at the point where I need to ask you to rate the assistance please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been inside and with a mirror managed to see that what I thought by touch was a flap was in fact a small piece of glass. We have now managed to remove this, the timer has reduced to zero and we now have an inflow on a test rinse.

Thank you for letting me know Andrew. If that is the case then maybe your appliance will now fully operate as this would have inhibited the pump action.

Can I ask that you now please take some time to rate the assistance given today. If you have any problems following this, please let me know so I can assist you with them.