Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Black and Decker shredder model GA100. Main bearing

Customer Question

I have a Black and Decker shredder model GA100. Main bearing has seized. Are parts still available for this model. Is this a DIY repair or do I get it repaired by a professional.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hello ,
I’ve taken a close look at your question. I hate to tell you, but unfortunately I don’t think the equipment involved here is worth the cost of repairs. You might even have suspected this yourself. For a lot less money than you spent on it years ago, you can fully replace it today. And for the same money, you can get higher performance with far more functionality as well. You can look online for a replacement unit, or go in person to a store.
If you still want to fix this piece of equipment and cost is no object, let me know and I will try to help walk you through it. Or, if you want to scrap your equipment for parts, let me know and I’ll try to help you with that. I would simply replace it because the parts are expensive to say the least;-(
I hope you find this answer helpful. If you do, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!
Warmest regards,
Tech Michael
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ you might find the link below helpful to allow you to access the costing for this repair ~~

http://toolsandpartsdirect.co.uk/black--decker-ga100-type-1-garden-shredder-spare-parts__p-2577.aspx

~~ also a UK based company. If you are handy with tools you should be able to carry out this repair using the diagram (on the link) as a indicator of part locations.

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ians advice could be helpful but still at this point with this shredder it would be best to simply replace the unit considering its age and part cost etc;-)