Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I bought a Toshiba 19" Widescreen LCD TV with Built in DVD

Customer Question

I bought a Toshiba 19" Widescreen LCD TV with Built in DVD 3 year ago.
Suddenly I have lost several channels. It will go from channel 1 (BBC 1) to Channel 8
missing out ITV and all the channels up to 8 .
Ihave tried to retune it and it shows those channels afterwards but the following day they
have disappeared again. Can you help ?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, sorry to hear that.
Who is your TV service provider? Or do you use a digital antenna etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Service provider is TalkTalk .

The set has built in Freeview

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that. This may be an issue on their part because the TV will not lose only a few channels in the lineup once programmed unless they are unavailable at the time.
SO I would check with them first on this.
If they say there have been no outages then the TV will need service and a part.
Its an IC that stores the programmed information you stored with regards ***** ***** channels it picks up and saves.
If you are good with a soldering iron and electronic components you may be able to replace just the IC. But in most cases people tend to simply replace the entire main board, it isn't too much anyway;-)
If you aren't experienced and don't feel this task is for you you then you would need to have a local TV repairman make this repair for you.
Please let me know which way you would like to go with this. It is however worth repairing cost wise however you choose to go about it;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, and thank you!
It is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
Have a great day!