Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Whirlpool electric cooker (type FCSM6) model number

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool electric cooker (type FCSM6) model number AKZ497/IX. Somehow someone change the mode and it is now on on "demo mode running" and I cannot get if off and therefore unable to use the cooker. Any suggestions on how i can remove from Demo mode?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi the information on this model isn't very clear but with many whirlpool cookers here are the methods of releasing the demo mode.
Please try this first:
Here is how you get the oven out of demo mode.
Turn selector to defrost, press the triangle temperature button. The display shows MES_, press the minus button until ---- appear in full in the display. Your oven is now out of demo mode.
If this doesn't work for your mode try these suggestions.
its probably holding down 2 of the clock function buttons simultaneously for a period of time. try the outer 2 first.........
It will be something like this. Tried holding down 2 outer clock buttons and 2 outer temperature buttons.
Try holding down one button for 20 seconds, if that doesn't work try the next button.
Worst case please call:
- Phone: 1 800 798 578
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, and thank you!
It is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Unfortunatley the cooker does appear to have as defrost mode. It has two twisting knobs (on the left for selecting things like lamp, auto, dual, set band memo) and on the right is just a knob with +/- to higher or lower tempreture). In the midlle is two buttons which are "<<" and "OK"

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul,
Please try the other suggestions I posted or you may need to call the phone # ***** listed because they sometimes change the way the demo mode works internally;-)
Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Michael,

Have tried everything and most of the stuff listed above is not applicable to me (clock function buttons) or temperature function buttons. I have even tried the phone number you gave me and cant get through. I am based in Ireland

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul this one wants to be suborn loll.
Try calling this #: 01(###) ###-####
Please let me know how it goes.
Whirlpool can be a pain sometimes.