Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an SL 78 H which has stopped functionning. The red

Customer Question

I have an SL 78 H which has stopped functionning. The red light on the top right of the keyboard is flashing and the recording icon top towards the left is laso flashing. How can I fix this? I have two handsets and the other is working.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
how old is your phone?
Is this just the one handset that is giving you this trouble?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the phone is about 9 years old
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it had a new battery about a year ago
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information, the battery may be in need of replacement but try this first.
Remove the battery for 3 minutes and then unplug the base cradle it charges in. Also unplug the main base cradle as well from power for 3 full mins.
Then replace the battery in the non working phone, and plug the main base in first, then the other non working base as well. place the phones in the cradle and wait 2 full minutes. If this works, great!
But if not the non working phone may need a battery replacement. You can try switching the batteries from one phone to the other to see if this helps. If not then the phone that isn't working simply has lived its life and in need of replacement. 9 years is about its life expectancy.
Hopefully this will help.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, and thank you!
It is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
amazing! It now works. I'll now know what to do next time. Service 10 out of 10! Is that enough?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yep you got it working! ;-)
It should be fine now;-)
Please remember to rate my service before you close this page as it is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.
Tech Michael Always happy to help;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I have clicked on the 5 star rating and submitted it. My browser however won't allow me to set up a password ***** the moment so I don't know whether it it will count. I'll try again later.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I think it worked but I cant be sure at the moment.
Did the advice I gave work or have you not tried that yet?
Please let me know so I can continue if needed;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi your rating went through thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All is now fine so you can sign off this job
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you again!
And no further reply is required and please ignore any future reference on this from JA its not applicable now that the problem has been solved have a wonderful day!