Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Neff fridge freezer. It is 6 years old. This morning,

Customer Question

I have a Neff fridge freezer. It is 6 years old. This morning, after I had put stuff in the freezer section and shut the door, the motor at the top of the fridge made an unusual noise. Like the normal motor going but a lot louder. When I opened the freezer door it stopped. I closed the freezer door and it started again. It has been making this strange noise on and off since then whether or not I have opened the doors on either the fridge or freezer. Help please. Do I need to empty everything an get an engineer in?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer. I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today. Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you. The sound you are hearing has to do with the circulating fan behind the wall inside the freezer. Please check something for me so I can be sure of the cause. Open the freezer door and inspect the rear wall inside the freezer, let me know if there is any heavy frost or ice build up on that wall inside there.

Also may I have the full model #?

Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have found the problem thank you. I had filled one of the freezer drawers too full and a piece of packaging was hitting the fan at the back of the freezer. Re-stocked the drawer properly. No noise!!!!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You are more than welcome Judy;-)
Glad to help.
Please rate my service kindly before closing this page and have a great weekend!