Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Have a dead lg 14440tds washing machine, replaces psu still

Customer Question

Have a dead lg 14440tds washing machine, replaces psu still dead, checked all electrics, fuse, plug, socket; checked continuity from plug to ac in on the psu, working. machine completely dead.
if you can supply me with a simple inexspensive fix, which is not the replacement of the control and display board, the machine is too old to justify that exspense. i shall be pleased to pay you.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ firstly did you replace the psu with a new board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes A brand new LG genuine part psu

Well if the power board is getting power and all the cables are fine then it will be the facia board, if you can just pop it out and check, some of the early ones had a couple of fuses on the board, check that you haven't blown one of these.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you remember me stating in my question that it would only be worth paying if you could provide a simple and inexspensive repair, having already paid for a new psu (which has a fuse) i could only justfy a minor further exspense, so your suggestion of the facia board (actually called by LG the "control and display board") is not good, i have taken it out, no fuses sadly, not a one, could find no visable faults to the components, resistors, diodes, caps, leds and a few ic`s there were no test points marked, all that i did test seemed fine, though the ic`s could not be checked, a replacement control display board is £106, too too much i feel for this machine, and still a gamble, just incase it did not correct the fault.

have you any other suggestions i could try please. thank you

NO Im afraid it the power board is OK and you have checked the wiring then the only other thing that can be at fault is the facia panel ~ I will ask that customer care offers you a refund as whilst I am able to give repair area we are not able to give you a cheap fix.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you "Ian" i think ? for your message, i wondered whether i should ask for a refund, kind and honourable of you to say you will request one for me. (do i have to ask for a refund or will your request be enough to put this rrocess into action ?)

i think to continue would be a waste of your time, but i thank you for you kind advice,

may i wait to see how the refund process proceeds before i leave feedback ?

once again thank you for your advice, sorry that we could not resolve the problem.

kind regards Simon.

I have requested that customer care give you a refund, I'm not sure how long this takes as the financial side is looked after by the American parent company.