George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an LG 12220-FM direct direct washer. It has developed

I have an LG 12220-FM direct direct washer.
It has developed an intermittent fault whereby there are no error codes but the machine will not start - pressing the start/pause button has no effect because it does not initiate the door lock - it just keeps flashing.
So the problem may literally be the button, or it may be some sensor which establishes that the machine is ready to go such as a sensor for the detergent tray or for the door itself.
The problem has recurred maybe 4 times and I have sometimes spent 20-40 minutes trying to solve this and it has sometimes seemed to come down to opening and closing the washer door or the detergent tray or simply banging the washer. Mostly the washer works fine. However currently I am stuck as none of my opening/closing/banging works! The washer itself is about 9 years old and seems in very good condition - I don't want to junk it.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Check the connection where the wires from the door interlock connect to the pcb

Also check for broken wires that intermittantly break the connection

Look for dry joints on the mainboard, especially by the start button.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks George. All outside my area of competence. Would you go for an official LG technician to fix (if they exist) or any other suggestions about making sure any technician would be up to the job?

LG use a third party company for their repairs.. You could follow this website link to book a repair... However, If you can let me know your postcode David, I can let you know of some independent engineers most local to you who can test and repair LG appliances.

Please rate the assistance given by me today

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George - EX1 2BG. Would prefer a good independent any day.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PS - it's definitely button-related. On the 25th bang (to the side of the appliance not front or top) it started. Then I tried to pause it - but it won't pause. So not apparently related to door-locking mechanism.

There is ***** ***** at
Integral Appliance Solutions Ltd
Exeter
Phone: 01392 879832
Mobile: 07815 085034

He's a busy chap, but I would recommend him.
___________________________________

There is also
Commercial and Domestic Appliances
Exeter
Phone: 01392 278500

Please remember to rate the assistance given