Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Is it possible to raise the water temperature on my krups ea81

Is it possible to raise the water temperature on my krups ea81 coffee machine as it doesn't come out hot enough
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
How old is your Krupps coffee machine?
also did the temp lose its heating over time?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael I ve only owned my coffee maker for about 3 months I find the temp ok myself as I only drink black coffee but my partner sometimes has her friends around for coffee and they all take milk which drops the temp I checked the temp with a food probe just after making a plain black coffee and it's highest reading was 68 c just wondered if I could make it hotter the machine works fine and is the same as when I bought it so it doesn't seem like a fault just some people like it hotter hope this makes sense cheers

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tom and thanks for that info. This is a problem with a temp sensor of even the heating element. There unfortunately is no adjustment for this. And that means you unit has a defective part, it is either the sensor that sends power to the heating element or the element itself that is faulty.
This machine however is typically a good one but sometimes as with all electronic parts you can have a bad seed so to speak.
Since your coffee maker is so new its still fully covered under the manufacturers warranty so you can either exchange that one at the store of purchase depending on their policy (check with them first) or contact Krups for a replacement. Do not take a repair offer as it is brand new, rather you want a replacement unit complete.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do but at least you will get a new one at no cost to you;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating. Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great Sunday Tom!
Tech Michael