George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Have a wf80f5ebw4w w/c stuck

Customer Question

have a wf80f5ebw4w w/c stuck on every day wash red smiley face blinks and then stays on machine will not start 10 monthes old
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello John, my name is George..

Is it in the middle of a wash or are you trying to start a new was and the appliance is empty of water?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

start of new wash and appliance is empty of water

Is it this smiley face that you are meaning?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Ok, thanks John, can you answer/check the following things for me:

1. Does the door actually lock? Test it by trying the door
2. Do you need to press start for this to take place or does it take place automatically that you turn on the power to the appliance?
3. Does the drain pump start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

door locks...I press start button as normal....pump does not start machine is empty of water

Does the door lock before or after you press start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

door locks but can be opened by pressing the release handle which as the cycle has not started I assume the door cannot be opened once the cycle has started ?

Thanks John...

Make sure there is no water in the base of the appliance..

Since the appliance is only 10 months old and therefore still under warranty; think carefully before opening the appliance for further investigation as it will void the 24 month warranty...

If you decide to get it repaired under the warranty ring Samsung Support on #0***-***-****

Alternatively, if you decide to open up the appliance and test the appliance parts, firstly:

1. Check the door lock plug has no burnt wiring.

2. You need to test the resistance across the terminals of the pump as this should kick in before filling...

3. Test that power is reaching the pump.

4. Check the pressure hose is clear of debris.

Please rate the assistance given so far & further assistance will be given..

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you should have asked me to press the rinse and spin together for 3 seconds to release the child proof lock

My apologies John, I thought I had asked you that... which was the reason I asked you if it was that smiley that you were talking about... however, I obviously omitted the request whilst trying you ascertain whether the lock was auto-locking or not.

If you wish, I shall request that customer care offers you a refund, as although you have received advice, I omitted information that I should have actually included?

Samsung WF80F5EBW4W Manual Page 25 has the information I was looking at for you

with kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you are a gentleman I would like a refund please but I would be happy to recommend you to friends I quite like your service

John XXXXX

I am about to forward this to Customer services at Just Answer to request a refund.. Obviously, I cannot guarantee that Customer Services will uphold my request, but I will request it.

You may see the subject become locked.. Don't worry, this is normal..

I look forward to helping you again should you have any more problems.

regards
George