Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

I have a Dimplex Optimyst fire DNV20CH,when we switch it

Hi, I have a Dimplex... Show More
Hi, I have a Dimplex Optimyst fire DNV20CH,when we switch it on for the smoke effect it will switch itself off after about 10-15 seconds, heater still works, and emits heat, but light switches and never emits any smoke!!! Sump is full, transducer is sittin in correctly in sump! The fire is only 12 months old!! I'm at a loss, can u help?? Is there a way of checkin to see if transducer is at fault??
Thank you *****
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear that.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
did the smoke unit fail while in use, or did the smoke just not work one day when turned on?
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi, it just didn't work one day, you can hear fan kick in for blowing smoke, and everything lights up, but then switches itself off after 10-15 seconds, and it's been lyk that ever since
Michael, Customer Service replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that info Gail.
This is not likely a bad sensor(transducer) unless it has become detached from the main control board. You could check that connection.
But this unit should still be under warranty. I think it has a 2 year on that one.
I wouldn't do anything to void that until you are sure of this;-)
Check on that with the place of purchase.
Then you can let me know if we need to go further so I can help you fix this smoke issue.
This is typically a very good unit but sometimes a part can fail prematurely. Its just the nature of electronic components;-(
It is more likely a bad heating element that makes the smoke that has failed. In any case, I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating. Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great day Gail!
Tech Michael