George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Water doesn't seem to get into the washer, I've cleaned

Customer Question

Hi,water doesn't seem to get into the washer, I've cleaned the filters as it says in the manual but nothing. Also the pump does make a noise when I close the door but no water.help
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Endaf, my name is George..

I think that model is a Tecnik model, is that correct?

Can you also tell me, do you have to press the start button before the pump starts, or does it start on its own?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have to press start,then close door for the washer to work

Can you remove the dishwasher and tilt it backwards... You'll proberbly find that water comes from the base of the appliance.. If that is the case then all should be well afterwards... If you find it happens again then you'll need to find how the water is getting into the base of the appliance..

Please rate the assistance given & let me know how you get on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi,I did what you said,but water doesn't seem to be getting past the valve at back where the pipe joins the washer

Was there water in the base?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No water

Can you describe to me exactly what happens step by step.. ie. Put dishes in, press start, close door, etc