George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Neff Dishwasher. Approx Seven years old but hardly

Customer Question

I have a Neff Dishwasher. Approx Seven years old but hardly used. S5543x2GB/46 FD8404
Theres no electricity supply to it now!, after working perfectly and just having PAT testing done .
Holiday home s last guest have missed used it i expect . We have tried changing the fuse but it blows the new one instantly . So needs fixing if possible .
Whats the most likely thing wrong?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Pearl, my name is George..

The appliance, going from the date code you have given is an appliance produced in Apr 2004.

If you are switching it on whilst it is not in a program a common cause of this sort of issue is the mains lead or the 0,27uF + 2 x 27000pF interference capacitor where the mains lead enters the appliance.. take off the side panel check it for cracks and burn marks (Substitute 00600233)
Another cause could be the On/off Switch itself (Substitute 00175338)

If you are switching it on whilst it is in a draining program it could be a faulty pump
If you are switching it on whilst it is in a heating program it could be a faulty heater
If you are switching it on whilst it is in a wash program it could be a faulty wash pump

With a little more information I can assist you a little further

Please rate the assistance given by me & if you have the tools to test the parts, feel free to ask for assistance in doing so... Alternatively, if you think this task is beyond you, feel free to ask and I'll try find details of an appliance engineer local to you.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As its a holiday home i cannot confirm what mode the appliance is in but as it was left in an awful state ,after being absolutely ok , i suspect it may be due to missuse and the wash pump has been nackered or the heater burnt out . Ill have to get an engineer out to it .thanks
If it is in the UK, and you have the postcode for the holiday home, I can assist you in finding an engineer if you wish?