Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Whirlpool Washing Machine AWOE 9558S A red warning signal

Whirlpool Washing Machine AWOE 9558S
A red warning signal of 9 dots/squares in a square pattern has appeared on the control panel. Can you'll me how to clear the fault.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem.
That will help me make a diagnosis in a timely manner;-)
Did this happen during a wash cycle, or just appeared when you wanted to run the machine?
Also did this warning come on before the leak and was that something you tried to solve the problem, please explain all that you can.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Warning came on during the wash cycle initially. The leak was in the drain pipe the machine drained into, - it was not in the machine itself. The warning first after the external leak was repaired.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Warning came on during the wash cycle initially. The leak was in the drain pipe the machine drained into, - it was not in the machine itself. The warning first appeared after the external leak was repaired. A full load of washing was done after the leak was fixed and it was only half way through a second load that the warning signal appeared

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information where on the panel is the light and is it blinking?
In the meantime try this for me, please unplug the machine and let it sit like that for 1 full hour, let me kno wif the error reappears when you plug it back in or if you need to turn it on for the error to return?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did as you suggested, switched the power of for 1hr then turned the machine on. While the drum turns in short slower bursts, it appears to be stuck at 6min left on the cycle with the warning signal still on.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Hamilton,
So are you saying the machin now exhibits some signs of normal operations since trying that?
If so.
It sounds like the woater got onto the control board whe the leak occured.
Please unlug the machine and place a fan near the machine blowing onto the machine with the door open. Give this a couple of days to dry out fully.
That should solve the issue if your lucky this water has not damaged the board or other electronics.
It sounds like you may be ok here.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great day Hamilton!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Michael, As I indicated, the leak was not in the machine itself but in the drain pipe it was connected too. I cannot see how that would affect the control board. Can you explain what the warning sign is telling us. It is toward the top right of the information panel on the w/m

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hailton, I understand what you said, but from what you told me water may havw splashed into the electronics. It doesnt take much even humidity can cause this. The error is saying that there is a control board problem. In most cases if you were to say there wanst a leak for instance, that would require a new control board, which is easy to replace but its a bit expensive.
But since you indicated that unplugging the machine for a bit seemed to help then you may not need a new board in your case. SO thats what i would try if I were you;-)
But keep me posted, I have been an appliane repair tech for over 30 years and electronics is my hobby so I am surrounded by these things 24-7 lol.
I have seen this many many times before;-)
If there is anything you would like to add please let me know.
And please rat ekindly at this time so I can stck with youthere is no additional cost to rate my service.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.