Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

< I have a Baumatic BDW 13 and moved it since I have changed

Customer Question

Hi< I have a Baumatic BDW 13 and moved it since I have changed the furniture. When tried reassembling the P button has no effect meaning that no program light is lit. also the green display does not show anything.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem.
That will help me make a diagnosis in a timely manner;-)
May I have the Full model # ***** your dishwasher?
Also how old it is?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael, Thanks for replying. The dishwasher is a Baumatic BDW 13 and I guess is 9 year old (has been installed when I moved in this property 1 year ago. It was working until recently

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
I magine the power was cut during part of this remodeling?
Try to reset the unit once more by turning power off at the mains for 30 full minutes at the breaker box. Let me mnow if you have the same problem when you re apply power to the dishwasher.
Also make sure the wter supply to the dishwasher is turned on;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating. It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
Thank you Alex
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Michael,

the machine has been unplugged several times for more than 30 min, but there is no change to its behaviour.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex, this is a problem with the main control board. they will fail when they are hooked up to power for a long time, then disconnected due to heating and cooling of the electronic components that are live all the time even when the unit is off but still supplied with power from the mains.
If your handy and have a few basic tools you can replace this easily, no soldering involved;-)
The best place to get a replacement board is Espares.
Its best to call to order this part. Also I know they are excellent with price and reliability and they ship the same day you call in most case.Please call them: 0844 9777 888.
Thank you and have a great day Alex!
Please rate kindly at this time.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Michael,

Can I have the technical description of the board (unless it's the only board) for this machine. Shall all the screws of the door inner side be unscrewed?

thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi It is basically the main control board, it contains the switch connections and everything plugs into that board, its basically the "brain" if you will.
It controls all operations and on yours, its no longer functioning. this happens to a lot of electronic boards because they are built to really be left powered at least from the power supply in your home or business.
Some of the components get hot and stay that way indefinetly but when power is removed, they cool down and that causes expansion and contraction which hurts the already weak wires internally to the parts to break and fail.
Hope that helps. Also wehn you call Espares they should know what you need. As for removing the board, yes the door needs to come apart but that is pretty easy to do;-)
Tech Mike
Please rate kindly;-)
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ Error code E1 indicates that the dishwasher is unable to fill with water, check that you switched the water supply back on after you moved it or that you did not kink a hose when you put it back in the recess.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello Ian,

Thank for reply> I am aware E1 is no water supply. The problem is that once I switch the machine the P button has no effect as does not activate any program. I have got to E1 by repeatedly activating the door switch thinking that does not work. switching twice the door switch P starts showing but washing cycles do not start and after a time E1 shows. And no, there is no kink on the hose and I can tell that solenoid works as I have supplied independently and opened and water poured in. So I take it that the card might be at fault, however I expect that you will agree that renewing the card which is 90 pct of the price of a new machine is not really worth for a 9 year old machine. I do want to repair it and I need help with what I don't know about the machines , that's why I am here. if it's about buying a new one , my wife knows everything about that and she can advise everyone ( for free)

bestregards

OK briefly and just to confirm things, have you taken off the cover and had a look at the door switch? I assume that when P appears you are unable to select a program rather than just P being shown. Finally when you switch the appliance on do you get the drain pumping constantly ~ Ian

Please follow the procedure in the document at the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgum55g0hj3lthk/baumatic_dishwasher_bdw1314_function_test_and_faults.pdf?dl=0

Let me know the results ~ Ian