Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a hotpoint induction hob that has been working fine

I have a hotpoint induction hob that has been working fine for 5 years or so. This morning when I got up all the electric had tripped in the kitchen. On switching it back on I noticed the hob lights were randomly flashing.....going from H to 3 wavy lines.
Any idea of the problem ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ would you kindly let me have the full model number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but enable to give you model no. as I am at work and I do not think I have kept the instruction manual.

Is there any way to simply reset the hob ?

OK it will be on a sticker under the hob unit, however from what you have told me would suggest that something has melted or burnt out under the glass unit which was why the electric had tripped. Firstly you need to establish if it was the hob that blew the electric or something else once this is done and you have the model number we can go down the route of a reset procedure (model dependent) ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I recall trying to clean a mark off the hob last night and may have pressed down to hard, thus tripping the electric.

What if I cannot find the model number ?

Well you can try this ~ switch off the hob leave it for 15 minutes and then switch on again depending upon if it has a backup this sometimes works ~ Ian