Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Induction hob we have an extremely small chip in glass how

induction hob
we have an extremely small chip in glass how can we make it look better please
regards
julie
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ to be honest there is no easy fix here, you could try and polish it out using 'Bar Keepers Friend' but other than that there is nothing much to be done other than replacing the ceramic top.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there really nothing we can do glue wise to stick crushed pieces/chip back. it really is very small but just stands out because of it being white underneath.

julie

Julie,

I'm going to give you an outside of the box suggestion which might work but you'd have to give it some thought, as a service company we would replace the top as a matter of course. However, how about getting a car windscreen company who repair chips to windscreens to give you an opinion. As I said earlier there is no easy fix but perhaps another way of skinning this problem ~ Ian