Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Ian sorry to be so long coming back but because the apartment

Customer Question

Hi Ian sorry to be so long coming back but because the apartment is rented it's difficult to get into. My son is there at the moment and he has given me the following codes.
Sierra Spa CS9707-3p-k
Model no. P4HPWWC-32 WUJEK
Serial no. 060801266152
Code no. SOU014428-032
Product no. HQ9000F240-40-48
I had another engineer out to look at it thought he had solved it but he has not. FLC appears after the hot tub is turned on after approx 2 hrs when we switch the circulation off then on FLC clears and heater comes on. Then after approx 2 hours FLC appears again.
Hopefully these are the numbers you require and can help us. We can get the engineer out there to follow your instructions if necessary.
Many Thanks
Keith
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith, do you specificlly want Ian to answer this or is it ok for me to work with you on your hot tub?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael

Do you work with Ian as it was Ian who was asking the questions re the model. As you can see by the history of this problem we are not really getting anywhere but Ian seemed to know about Hot Tubs if you are more of an expert then by all means have a try.

Many Thanks

Keith

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith, I woork for the same company as a Tech advisor as Ian, but I dont work with him per say. I do work on hotbs and have many years of experience with the controls and brains etc of such, as for bing better than Ian, I wouldnt say anything against him, he is also a very good technician;-)
But I will help you if you need to solve this quickly and he isnt available is all. Let me know.
I dont steel other techs work;-)
Thanks Keith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael

Quite happy for you to take over we need to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Many Thanks

Keith

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok,
This eeror only comes on when the unit swites off. It has to do with the pressure switsh or the PC board.
First off, there must be enough water in the unit for normal operation.
Also the heater will not work in this condition.
If the pressure switch is incorrectly set, this error will occur, but if it is set and working correctly then unplug the pressure sensor at the PC board, if the error doesnt go away, then you have a bad PC board, replace the board. If the error does disapear, then you have either a poorly adjusted pressure sensor or a bad pressure sensor, in that case replace the sensor. That will solve the problem. You can print this for the Tech;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great day Keith!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael the flow switch was replaced as previously stated you can physically see the switch opening and closing if it is a PCB problem why does it work perfectly okay for approx. 1 - 2 hours?
As you know a PCB is very expensive and I do not want to replace it unecessarily. Why does the fault go away when I turn the circulation pump off then back on?
Keith
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Keith I wish I had better news for you first of all.
It really does sound like a bad PCB unfortunately. The board has many components and many things it regulates and watches. Apparently somewhere there is a fault. It could be a bad connection on the board or a bad component etc. The list goes on and on. Without the ability to actually test that board there is no way of knowing what the problem is other than to determine it is board level.
Also, they don't provide parts for these down to the component level, they only sell the boards complete. This is pretty much the same with most appliances these days. Back in the day technicians performed more testing and made these repairs, but now it a throw away society and the companies make more on the board by far that they would on just a part on the board. Because I am a tech, I try all the time to fix these and all other electronc circuit boards before having to buy the whole board but I have the equipment and knowledge and suppliers to be able to do this and even then, its not always possible for me to do that because some parts are special made just for that application and are not available as stand alone parts. They will only sell the completed circuit board.
I wish I had better news for you I really do but you have a failed main control board.
If I could change that I would.
I wish you the best Keith and I do understand your dilemma.
Have a great day anyway and I wish I could do more.
Please rate my service kindly as it is the only way I am compensated for my time with you;-)
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Keith ~ herewith a link to the user handbook for your 9000 series hot tub, page 5 refers to the reset procedure for the pressure switch. Personally, I would exhaust all avenues prior to replacing the pcb as the FLC refers specifically to a pressure switch fault rather than a pcb error. So check the wiring between the pcb and pressure switch and then check (using the link information) that the pressure switch is actually working/not working/needs adjustment. Note the remark about the heater not working until the FLC code has been rectified ~ good luck. Ian

~~ http://www.hydroquip.com/Owners%20Manuals/SOLID%20STATE/9700/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf ~~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ianour model does not have a pressure switch but has a flow switch which I have replaced. The new flow switch cable was too short to reach the PCB so I used part of the cable from the old flow switch and then rejoined the wires. I can physically see the flow switch operating. Correctly. People keep mentioning a fault with PCB but the Hot Tub works perfectly okay when switched from the breaker for approx one hour could a PCB have an intermittent fault.
Really appreciate your help on this.
Many Thanks
Keith
OK Im going to send a technical inquiry to Hydro I may be wrong but I think it has got both a flow sensor and a pressure switch but will check.