Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

British Gas have just serviced my Baxi Boston 2 Boiler which

British Gas have just serviced my Baxi Boston 2 Boiler which is, touch wood, still working well. However they have frightened me by telling me that there are few parts available for it now. It is 16 years old. Are they frightening me just to perhaps get new business? I appreciate that the new boilers are more efficient but this one does what I want and is where I want it to be. I am elderly and do not like the idea of having no central heating in the winter.
Many thanks,
Lesley
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lesley,
I fully understand.
Baxi, is getting increasingly hard to get parts for because they are no longer in business. Parts are only still available from suppliers who bought a good stock of them. I know you love this unit and I had one as well, but its possible that one day a part will fail that will make it impossible to fix. But a lot of the parts for this boiler can be substitued with other ones and from stock. But ultimatley you will need to replace the system. However, if your boiler is in good condition over all you will likely be ok for a few more years with the likely parts that may fail, so this is not an emergency situation in any way.
Its more that British Gas doesnt have the parts. Other compaines Im sure still do carry many of their parts and subs for this unit.
If you do end up needing parts for this unti you can always contact me as I can source most of the parts if you end up needing one;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great day Lesley!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Lesley,

It is not true that Baxi are no longer in business.. They are indeed a flourishing business.

"Baxi is part of BDR Thermea, one of Europe's largest manufacturers and distributors of domestic and commercial water and space heating systems. It employs 6,400 people throughout Europe with a turnover exceeding €1.2 billion."

Here is a link to the Baxi Customer Support Website http://www.baxi.co.uk/customer-support.htm

You can call Baxi Customer Support on 0***-***-**** and give them the model information from your boiler.. They will tell you what stocks are available with regard to parts.