George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

There , we have an integrated fridge-freezer (K9724X4GB/05).

Hi there , we have an integrated fridge-freezer (K9724X4GB/05). Water is collecting intermittently at the bottom of the fridge. I'd be very grateful if you have a view as to what is causing this and how it can be addressed? Many thanks, Nick
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The water is created from condensation and could be caused by a number of sources... You have given the Enr of the appliance, but can you also tell me the FD that is on the label in the fridge next to the Enr.. This will help me in diagnosing your issue.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George - thanks for your help

The FD is 8603, the box next to it reads 000148

The boxes below read 256030408833001485 and(###) ###-#### ***** these are of relevance.

thanks

Nick

Thanks for that Nick..

The appliance in question is a 2006 appliance, so we have to take age into account. I am going to give you the four main causes for this problem, but I will give you them in order of commonality:

1. The drain hole in the recess at the rear if the fridge is blocked and therefore since water can not escape via the drain, it flows over the edge into the fridge.

2. The door seal is disfigured and no longer making a good seal... Air influx into the fridge then causes condensation on the side walls which have no drain, hence the water collects in the recesses under the salad tray/s

3. The door is kept open too long, or left open by accident, or by cause of bottles that do not fit properly not allow the door to close properly.

4. Too much food is placed into the fridge at once. If the food is warm in temperature, excess condensation is formed in the fridge.

Please rate the assistance given by me & feel free to ask for further advice if needed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks George. The drain hole was blocked. I have carefully teased out most of the blocking material with a cocktail stick but do I to be aware of what is behind the hole (i.e. if it's a ten year old rubber seal then yes, if it's a drainage channel within the fridge casing then probably not)?

thanks again

Nick

Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you Nick... The hole is an entrance to a drain channel down to a reservoir on the top of the compressor... when the water discharges down the channel, it reaches the reservoir and is then evaporated by the warmth of the compressor that is underneath it.