George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Miele w504 washing machine. How to accsess the drain pump.

Miele w504 washing machine. How to accsess the drain pump. Got the top off but front won't come off.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you. It sounds like the pump may have failed or is clogged.
How old is your washer?
Also look inside the edges on the front panel from the top see if there are any hex screws in there you may have this type if you do, remove those screws then pull out and up to release the front panel
Also on your machine, you may need to do this from the bottom if yours has an open bottom.
tip the machine back to see if it does;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating.
Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Thank you and have a great afternoon!
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
There are two style of W504 design...

Type 1.
Remove the hex bolt in the doorway at the 6 o'clock position
Remove the bottom kickplate
Remove the 2 screws from left and right bottom of front panel
Remove the wire retaining spring ring from the door seal
Release the door seal front edge
Remove 2 screws holding door interlock
Undo the hex bolt in doorway and front machine panel will drop down to gain access to the inner area

Type 2.
Remove the 3 hex bolts surrounding the doorway
Remove the soap box
Remove screws on facia at soapbox area
The front panel will now hinge open from the left side when you release the spring clip bottom left and the drain elbow from the filter.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Info re access to inside of washer was very good.

I have cleaned the filter and checked the drain motor is working.

When I stop the machine and empty the filter manually the spin works OK but on a normal wash it still wont go to the spin action.