George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Red warning light stays on long time

Red warning light stays on for a long time
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the model and PNC/Prod No of the appliance please?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ZFT10210WA
Thank you ... Can you temporarily remove the 4 drawers from the freezer and see if:

1. the fan is running when the door is open/closed
2. there is any ice/frost build-up on or around the back panel inside the freezer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the freezer is frost free no build up at all
At the back. Cannot hear any fan when the door is open or shut.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry the red light blinks it does not stay on
Yes I am awaire of the frost free feature of the freezer, but should the defrost heater fail then the unit would then fail to be frost free and ice will then build-up behind the back panel inside the freezer.

Also, behind that back panel is a fan (The fan that I asked you to listen for)... This fan is what disseminates the cold air coming from the evaporator...If this fan is not running then you have a problem with either the fan motor or the pcb that controls it.

Can you tell me; this freezer has 3 lights... you say the redone is blinking... are any of the others blinking at the same time.. or moreover, what is their state?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
green light is on normal red light is flashing. Thats it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You asked aboutthe lights on my appliance i answered but got no reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Freezer is working perfectly apart from a red light flashing.
Hello Joseph, my apologies for the lateness, however, as I always state, I am not always available all the time so please be patient.

As I said earlier, The red light will be letting you know that there is a fault with the fan not working... The fan is needed to get an even freeze throughout the compartment..

Before dismantling the freezer for fan or pcb repairs, I suggest you turn off the freezer for atleast 12hrs, if not 24hrs, to ensure defrosting of the condenser occurs.. You may find that the fan then starts to work and the light goes out.

Once again, my apologies for not being here to answer sooner.
Please rate the assistance I have given you with your problem..

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair