Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Schrieber APM6852 fridge freezer with a broken control

I have a Schrieber APM6852 fridge freezer with a broken control unit, I have a replacement from espares.
Stock Number: ES1331267, original was a 8 pin plugin, new one is compatible but is 6 pin and states that a wiring modification is needed, I cannot find the information anywhere, any ideas
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Ian ~ you will have to give me a little while to find out this information, the appliance was built for Schrieber by an Italian company called Antonio Merloni (who I used to work for) unfortunately they went bust some six or seven years ago so I will have to go up into the loft and dig out the modification sheets. It is quite a simple modification which you will be able to carry out without too much difficulty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** your reply

David

Get back to you as soon as I can David ~ just out of interest did you keep the original 8 pin mini pcb?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

its in a holiday home, the original one some one has turned the dial too far and snapped off the knob, I have temp fixed by taking to pieces, setting the temp then re fitting. so original still in appliance.

Ah OK ~ just a quick question, do you just need a knob or must you replace the whole pcb?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for the delay been away from office, I could just replace the knob but I have tried to get the one out of the new pcb but it doesn't seem t want to come out, afraid of breaking it and costing another £80.

Any suggestions welcome. will not have access to fridge now till next week so no rush

OK I'll look and see if I have another housing kicking around in our workshops tomorrow when I get to work and come back to you.~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

.
OK David, if you can let me have your email address using (at) instead of @ I will forward you the conversion sheet as mentioned. ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

info at hoegrangeholidays.co.uk.

You have mail with the information you require, would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below. Many thanks ~ Ian