Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My samsung fridge freezer RS21DCNS had a problem. Freezer in

My samsung fridge freezer RS21DCNS had a problem. Freezer in not cold enough and teh lights on teh front panel have disappear apart from Fridge temp has a flashing line
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK could you just clarify something please, the bar in the display indicates where the fault is, as its in the fridge sector this would indicate a fridge fault not a freezer fault as listed. Also could you tell me which bar is is that is staying one ie top left hand, or middle centre etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The bar that is flashing is the Fridge Temp and it is the top line of the digit that is flashing,

Dave

OK the top central bar on the display indicates that there is a fault with the ice maker sensor ~ this is the only fault that will shut the machine down fully. You will have to get an ice maker sensor and replace it, switch off the appliance for about 5 minutes and then switch on and the machine should work ~ would you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the question on the system but lets you ask all further question on a free of charge basis - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's the top right bar on the 2nd digit below Fridge temp that is lit - is that the one you are referring to as the "top central bar?" Where do I get an ice maker sensor from ?

Dave

OK top right hand vertical bar ~ refrigerator air sensor failure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its top right, but horizontal - same issue??

Dave

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is it call an air sensor or temperature sensor - I'm trying to find the part.

Dave

Lets get the display sorted first, there are no right hand side horizontal bars, the only horizontal bars are top central middle central and bottom central. the rest are vertical ie up and down. Would you know state which one is showing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its number 1 on this picture

http://www.selfix-uk.co.uk/Samsung%20RS21%20error%20codes.htm

Top central = ice maker sensor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cool - thats it.

what type of shop sells them ?

OK would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, once this is done you can ask all further questions on a free of charge basis. Many thanks - Ian