George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162
Appliance

Bosch Exxcel dishwasher with 30 mins to go on an intensive

wash started tripping electrics in... Show More
wash started tripping electrics in house. Now stuck at 30 mins, on/off button won't work and can't reprogram me to any other cycle
Show Less
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... if the drain pump is already clean then the problem can be due to bad heating element that will need replacement ... please tell me its complete model number and age of this unit.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

SMS63E12OB/01 It will be about 4 years old i think

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that...with the dishwasher unplugged please pull it out and lay it on its back by around 45 degrees...then remove the drain pump assembly and clean it completely... let me know how it goes
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Kevin,before I take it all apart to look at drain pump are you sure this is the problem, you thought it was a faulty heating element, tripping out house electrics sounds more like electrical fault?

Yes tripping out electrics is usually due to heating element going bad however, I just want to be sure that nothing is stuck in the drain area causing this issue
replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Try the item marked 0411 on the image .. (disconnect the solenoid and try the dishwasher again)

If the dishwasher starts working then read further...

This is the actuator for the Fleet Reservoir that cuts in at around 30 mins to go.. This little solenoid will trip the electric if it shorts out... Check the PCB for any damage.. If there is damage then the PCB will need repairing or replacing.. If there is no damage, then you may be lucky, just replace the GV640 Actuator PN# ***** and cross your fingers.

graphic