George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My LG WD - C1485AD/127V washer dryer has just stopped working.

Customer Question

My LG WD - C1485AD/127V washer dryer has just stopped working. It may have been overloaded. Is there a trip inside that can be reset , if so where is it ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

When you say 'just stopped working'.. did it no give you any error code?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No error code. Just totally dead, wont start or light up when I switch on

Thank you for your response ..

Firstly, please ensure that you have power at the socket (You can do this by plugging in an alternative device into the socket)

Also, let me know if you have the necessary tools to investigate the lack of power.. (multimeter, screwdrivers)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just tried the socket and there is no power coming through

I guess there is a fuse in the socket thats gone ? Its an older property which doesnt seem to have a trip box

Somewhere in the building there will be a fuse box or a consumer unit with trip switches.. You need to find this power source and either change the fuse or switch the rcd back on.

Please rate my assistance to you & feel free to return for further advice should you need it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thanks . Do you need to charge me for that ? I am actually signed up for your free trial under a different email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but the website didn't seem to offer a login page

Simon, to be honest I don't have a clue.. I just answer to your problems and then get a rating for the work that I do with you..

I have nothing to do with your payments or taking your money... You'll need to ask Just Answer about that. But I do need a rating to get credited for the work that I do with you.

regards
George
Hi Simon, have you managed to find the power source for the socket used for the LG Washer yet?

If so, is the appliance working again yet, or do you requeire further assistance with the fault that caused it to go offin the first instance?

Please rate my assistance to you so far & feel free to return for further advice should you need it
Hi simon.. In response to your earlier question; I am told that this question was initiated prior to the free trial, so this question is chargable.

Also, I am informed to request that you contact the Customer Services dept. using the email address***@******.*** regarding the issue.

kind regards & I look forward to your rating
George