Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hope you can help Our CDA dishwasher Is not completing

Customer Question

Hi hope you can help
Our CDA dishwasher Is not completing its wash cycle it stops with the bottom full of water displaying a flashing light and a beep sounding it has has had a new pump about 6 months ago
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you start a new cycle
Do you hear the pump run for about 45 seconds, then stop, then start to fill?
Was it CDA that replaced the pump?
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it runs then stops. not filling but showing a salt light.

No it wasn't CDA who changed the pump it was a local firm.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Malcolm

OK, we need to be sure the pump is running
Pour water into the machine so its above the filters

Start any new cycle
The pump should run for 45 seconds then stop.
Open the door and see if the water is still there.
Tell me EXACTLY what it does

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

Filled with water as advised.

selected 60 degree, wash closed door, Pump ran for 25 sec and removed water.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Malcolm
Great, so we know the pump is working

What happened next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

It stopped after emptying the water

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK, you need to try and tell me some more, remember im not there!

When it stopped emptying, do you hear any noises any lamps flashing etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

No noises etc.

It appeared as if it had finished a cycle.

I have repeated the hand filling with water till above the filter and switched on again it drained this water then began another wash which is now continuing

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Malcolm

Great

OK, let it finish the cycle and tell me if it did everything and finished correctly.

Ill only be here for about another ten minutes, so post back and if Im not here, Ill answer you in the morning
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

It finished the cycle as normal.

Thinking back to when the problem occurred, it was beeping to indicate a fault the water level appeared to be high and it was not draining it appeared to be running the pump but to no effect. Have I missed somthing in the programme? Why did it stop and signal a fault just before finishing the cycle, then continue as normal after manual emptying. The machine is 8 years old, is this its end of life.

malcolm

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like when it overfilled it got stuck. Then because it wouldnt empty you were stuck!

By putting more water in, its triggered it to start again

Hopefully all is now well

The average life of a dishwasher is 8 to 10 years, so I wouldnt be spending a lot of money on it

All the best
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

Thanks for the help and patience. I'll recommend you to others

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Malcolm

Your welcome

All the best
Rob