Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Indesit ID 125 dishwasher when switched on makes all the

Indesit ID 125 dishwasher when switched on makes all the right noises but drains all the water before washing commences and lights 1 &2 flash continuously. Switching power off at wall socket several times seems to restore function. Problem is progressively getting worse.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When you start a new cycle the machine should drain for about 45 seconds. It should then stop. It then fill, stops and starts to wash. Is this not what happens.
Also are you sure its not lamps 1 and 3 that flash?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was sure it is lamps 1&2 but the missus thinks its 1&3. The dishwasher is now running , I will check again when cycle completes in 20 minutes time and get back to you.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel

OK, its important we know for sure , otherwise well be up the wrong path !!

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok!

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Just post back when you can and ill reply when im online
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is lamps 1&3 Rob.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel
Thats great and makes more sense with those symptoms

The fault is listed as blocked filters

You should remove the filters and make sure they are spotless
Likewise remove the spray arms and check for pips etc blocking the holes when water passes through
If all is clear, the next most likely cause for loss of pressure, is a partial blockage in the circulation pump

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had recently cleaned the spray arms are and have just checked them again , they are clean The filter on the floor of the dishwasher has no debris in it. Could there be another filter I should be looking for ?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel

No !

Has the fault occured since you cleaned the spray arms etc?
Although the filter is listed as blocked filters, it really means a reduction in the water pressure, so could be the circulation pump

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its been three weeks since I cleaned both the filters and spray arms and the problem remains. Are there any tests I could do to check the circulation pump?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

I am afraid not
It would be a cse of having to take it out and take it apart to see if anything is blocked or if the impellor is worn, causing the loss in water pressure.

How old is the machine?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

7years.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel

OK,
If the pump is worn, I would suggest you put the money toward a new machine.
Whilst its not that old, you could get into a situation of spending a large sum on the pump then have something else go wrong and you will be caught then, not knowing if its better to spend even more or waste the money youd spent on the pump.
Sorry its not great news.
Please dot shoot the messenger!!

Rob