Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a series wired electric AGA probably about fifteen

We have a series wired electric AGA probably about fifteen years old. I have from time to time replaced single elements when the elemnt connections have failed and twice fitted new bearings on the fan. The AGA is now functioning and is quite usable but is not reaching the same temperature that it did when young even after taking a full charge. There does not appear to be an adjustable thermostat in the control box. Is the thermostat in the core likely to be malfunctioning?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you give me the full model number and I'll have a look for you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. The serial number is ***** The original dark coloured control box was replaced about two years after the AGA was installed by a white control box which is still fitted. No serial number is ***** on the control box. The AGA might be a little older than fifteen years - we've been in the house fifty-five years.

OK thanks for that leave it with me, I'll get the info tomorrow and come back to you, the product is too old for me to have the specs on my laptop ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Difficult one, I think. I suppose what I really need to know is whether there is anything that could be adjusted, whether if the continuity of the heating elements is sound, they might be all the same not be taking a full charge, or whether the fault is likely to be in the apparently unadjustable control box, which I suppose means a replacement box. Sorry.

Understood ~ the technical guy is back in tomorrow so should be able to give you more information then Raymond. I'll come back to you when I have the info ~ Ian