George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosch washing machine was one minute from end of the wash

Customer Question

My Bosch washing machine was one minute from end of the wash and it starting alarming F something. I turned it off and then tried to turn it on again . The door will not open and it just whirs but I can't press any of the buttons
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me the model number please
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I find that
Normally on the fascia panel or on a label on the rear
Does the appliance still have water in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WAS32466GB. Type WMN52
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there is any way of just opening the door without breaking it so I can just get the clothers out would be a solution right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it had finished spinning and I was just waiting for it to click off when this symbol came up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have water in it no
There are a few ways, but it depends on the reason that the door wont open... If you could remember the F fault that you saw it would be a great help.
We need to get any water out of the drum for the best results....
1. Open and remove the service flap on the lower right of the appliance
2. Take the drainage hose and hold it over a bowl whilst removing the plug in the end of it
3. Once the water is drained, replace the plug
4. At this point, try open the door
Let me know if this works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that and emptied it all out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry can't remember what is was
Disconnect the power
Pull the machine out
Undo the screws and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Remove the cover (if applicable)
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door and back again
The door will then open without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have got the door open you are then able to replace the necessary parts in the door that have broken and if need be the interlock too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door still won't open . When I switch it to a cycle whirs which is the rubber fan thing in the bottom right had corner spinning round
Ok, try what I just wrote and you should be able to open the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok have top off and have reached down but not quite sure what pecker that I am meant to be pushing . Is it small button square in shape
From the front of the washer, if you look down the right hand side of the door seal, you will be able to see the door lock... it has 3 wires going to it, if you cant see it look for the wires and follow them.
Right in the middle of the lock is a pecker... a piece of metal or plastic depending on the one fitted... feel for it and push it to the middle of the machine and back again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried everything but door won't open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pecker seems to click off when I press it
As you push the pecker to one side or the other .. get someone else to try the door from the outside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You tried it with 2 of us And a torch
Then if the lock has welded itself, the only option you have is to try snap the lock... but before you try this, please remove the wiring plug from the bottom of it.
Have you managed to access the washing machine now?