Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My baumatic BO625ss oven isn't on (the hob is fine) Can

Customer Question

Hi, my baumatic BO625ss oven isn't on (the hob is fine) Can you advise me what I should be pressing to get the grill back on please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - You will need to set the clock and also insure that the oven is switched to manual operation first. I have attached a link to the user manual which outlines the procedures for both ~~ http://www.baumatic.co.uk/skin/2-columns/pdfs/1037-19-09-2014-12-53-44-bce625-ss-w-bl-r-iv%20071212.pdf ~~ once this is done you should be OK. Would you now kindly rate my service to you, once done all further questions are free of charge. If you have further questions please feel free to come back and ask them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have set the cooker time fine. Then nothing happens - if I try and turn the dials to a function - nothing.. if I try and press the remaining buttons - nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lisa

Have you still got auto in the timer/minute minder display ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope,

That only appears if I press the button next to the manual operator button. At the moment there is just the time, and a grill symbol hovering over the middle of it. Let me know if you want a picture!

Thanks,

L

You should be getting the time and what looks like a hand in the right hand top corner are you getting this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope, nothing in the top right

OK you turn the power off at the wall for at least ten minutes (no sooner) this will allow the backup in the clock to discharge. Once this has been done switch the clock back on and reset ~ if you still have a problem come back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Nope! nothing!

Help :)

OK without getting technical, you have a problem with the relay or mains filter on the timer itself and will need to get it replaced. Whats happening is that the clock side of the timer is working but the side that looks after power to the ovens is not. Sadly you will have to get someone in to replace/bypass the clock. If you need a local engineer give me your postcode and I can recommend someone in your area. Would you now kindly rate the information given so that I can shut the question down on the system, once done you can ask all further question free of charge ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi -

yes please send me some local technician details if possible. My postcode is SL4 5DS.

Thanks,

Lisa