George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have the same problem. My clothes are stuck inside the machine.

I have the same problem. My clothes are stuck inside the machine. but the door won't open. I tried to run the wash cycle and then the dry cycle multiple times but the door still won't unlock after the cycles complete.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... the water is still in there? please tell me its complete model number and age of this washer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BOSCH WASH+DRY LOGIXX 7/4

no the water isn't there anymore

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is George..

It seems the previous expert is no longer there...

First check that the Child Lock is not Activated on the appliance; if it is, then De-activate it.

Then, in the lower right hand corner of the Logixx 7/4 appliances there is a flap.. Behind that flap is the filter housing and also a Red Emergency Door Release.. Try pulling this release down to open the door...

If this does not work.. Let me know and we can try another method.

Please rate the assistance given by me & feel free to ask for further advice on your problem and I'll help if I can.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the red safety release didn't work to release the door. child lock is not activated

Ok, now I need to ask you how old your washer drier is... and if it is still under warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my machine is 3 years old and probably not under warranty.

Ok.. then we can go ahead without invalidating any warranty

First, look at the image of the lock below as this is the type that you'll be dealing with.. The wite/cream cover over the top of it is what you'll need to prise off to get at the pecker.

1. Disconnect the power & pull the machine out
2. Undo the screws that retain the lid and remove it
3. From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock...
4. Remove the cover over the lock (if applicable), feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door and back again.. (Do it a few times and use something to prise it if necessary)
5. The door will hopefully then open, without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have got the door open you are then able to replace the necessary parts in the door that have broken and if need be the interlock too

If the door does not open; Make sure you unplug the wiring from the lock first, then you need to break that interior lock to release the pecker..

Here is the image omitted from the last message

Once you have the door open, do not use the appliance again until you have replaced the lock.

Let me know the information ( Enr and FD ) from the lable inside the door opening and I'll give you the part number for a new lock.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Isn't there a way i can do this without opening my machine apart?

No. If the emergency release did not free the lock, then the lock has welded itself inside...

There have been suggestions in the past that you can force the door and it will open, however, I would not advise you try this as the pecker on these appliances is metal and does not break easily...

Once you have the door opened, you are going to have to replace the interlock anyway, so by doing it from the inside you are limiting the damage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i found another way on youtube and it worked. thank you for your help but it works fine now.