George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We Have a Whirlpool Dishwasher ADG7800/1 -WNR K purchased June

We Have a Whirlpool Dishwasher ADG7800/1 -WNR K purchased June 2012. Our water is fairly hard.
This has worked very well until recently when suddenly after full 2 hour plus cycle ( Auto) is finished the glasses and mugs / cups in upper tray along with dishes and cutlery in lower cup are, along with the stainless steel interior and door lining left with a light grey haze over everything. We have to rewash all by hand. I keep all blades and the strainer clear.
We normally use the latest "Finish" All-in One tablets and have tried Fairy tablets also. Salt container has salt in it and does not seem to need refilling.
I regularly run a Dishwasher Limescale and Detergent cleaner but this has made no difference.
Could you offer solution and confirm the correct settings for normal 2 rack use please or could there be a problem with the machine itself.
a. Salt -should I keep the salt reservoir filled with salt with the tablets?
b.What is the correct setting for the
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Open the door, slowly, during the wash, to ascertain if the water is heating. If the water is not heating, it will not desolve the tabley correctly and therefore you will end-up with streaks and stains.

I always advise that my customer fill the salt reservoir even when using an all-in-one tablet. It is a must in my opinion as this is what works as a water softener and is vital to the good operation of your appliance.

Rinse Aid should also be filled in my opinion as your diswasher knows when to inject the Rinse Aid, but a tablet can not determine when the dishwasher wants the rinse ais inside it, it just desolves to its own adgenda.

The settings are relative to how your dishwasher works in your area

Please rate the assistance given by me today & feel free to request further advice as necessary

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
How are we getting along Gordon.. have you tested the suggestions yet, and have you any results for me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you George.Filled salt (inside screw lid was solid dry salt so maybe that was part of problem)and rise aid and checked machine settings last night. Machine ran overnight and results are good this morning.

Gordon

Excellent Gordon,

Can I ask you to kindly rate my assistance to you with this issue..

kind regards
George