KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Whirlpool dishwasher won't work

Customer Question

Whirlpool dishwasher won't work
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ? Also please elaborate your problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ADG 7560/1. ?? 3 years old.
Dishwasher makes noises as if to start but after only a couple of mins , beeps as though cycle complete.
We have tried to get it to reprogramme itself by switching off at wall and leaving off for a couple of hours.
Thanks for that ... with the dishwasher unplugged, pull it out and clean the drain pump assembly completely...make sure the drain hose is clean and nothing is blocked anywhere.. then lay it on its back by around 45 degrees .. after this is done plug it back and then try it again... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We will try that today and get back to you.
Thank you ūüėÄ... Fingers crossed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kevin, sorry to report machine is still not responding any differently after following your advice .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What else can we try please
Sorry I was away for few days ...thanks for trying, is it completely dead or the control is responding... what happens when you close the door ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The control panel lights up.
When you close door the machine makes a noise as though it's running, but after a couple of mins emptys and beeps as though completed cycle - but hasn't .
OK, the problem is with the heating element ... with the dishwasher unplugged you can test it for continuity .. no continuity indicates a bad element that will need replacement, if it has continuity then please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you do the test please
sorry, you can test it with a multimeter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do we put the multimeter to do the test?
Please check this Video ... please ensure the appliance is unplugged while performing this test