Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How do I get the switch panel off a Cannon 1000 range cooker?

Customer Question

How do I get the switch panel off a Cannon 1000 range cooker? I've taken off the screws underneath but it still seem to be held on at the top.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you give me the full model number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cannon 1045G

Malcolm

10450G ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes -10450G. Sorry, it's written on the back and I had to look at it upside down...

Malcolm

OK this is not a job for the faint hearted, you will have to take off the hotplate top ~ once this is off, remove the facia panel and noting wires remove and refit with the new clock. The removal and replacement of the clock is straight forward, however if you damage any of the burners you will be in trouble. I can only suggest that you get a gas safe appliance engineer in to help you. If you need one in your area kindly let me have your postcode and I will forward you a couple that you might choose from.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I fixed it without problems and now have a working fan oven and clock/timer. Many thanks for your advice.

Malcolm Butler

Well done, its a bugger of a job but if you take it steady as obviously you did its not too difficult. Glad you have everything up and running again. Take care ~ Ian