George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162
Appliance

I am having a new kitchen installed and now have two new Neff

Circotherm ovens that blow out... Show More
Circotherm ovens that blow out so much hot air from the front that it is like standing in front of a two fan heaters. The temperature in my small kitchen is now crazy when the ovens are on. I had not expected this to happen (had a gas cooker before). My sister also has Neff ovens and this doesn't happen with hers - just wondered if it is something I should ask my kitchen installers about.
Your advice would be much appreciated.
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.

Hello Sue, my name is George..

The heat given out by the appliances would depend on a number of factors:

1. Are the appliances next to eachother
2. Do the appliance have sufficient cavities surrounding them
3. Do the appliances have rear venting or front venting cooling fans

The residual heat you feel from the ovens will not only depend on the oven specification and fitting, but will be influenced by the size of the room, the filling of that room, the amount of doors, the amount of windows, and the amount of available, or lack of, ventilation.

Kitchen designers/fitters should take all this into account at the design stage... Air bricks and electric vents or extractors can be fitted to reduce heat build-up

Please rate the assistance given by me & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

The ovens sited one above the other (the combi oven above the Aqua-assist). The heat is not residual - which is the heat given off as the ovens cool down - it is constant during the cooking process. The two ovens are in a housing - as is pretty standard these days. My sister's two ovens are also identically sited.

I said in my enquiry that my kitchen is small - so not sure why you are saying that the heat emission is influenced by the size of the room.

It is not a question of "heat build up" it is an issue of heat being emitted from the front vents of the oven above the oven doors.

You ask if the ovens are front venting or rear venting - is there a choice with Neff or are you unfamiliar with these appliances?

George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response Sue,

If you are referring to the heat blown from the oven whilst the oven door is shut, then the heat given off by the oven is a residue of the heat created during the cooking process which builds-up in the cavity of the oven and is then dispersed via either a rear venting circular fan, or a front venting top-mounted tangential fan inside the oven cavity.

I spoke of front and rear vented ovens as I didn't know which ovens you had... Some ovens are front vented above the door, and some are vented from the rear by way of a large fan into the cavity... Some ovens have both types on the same oven.. Neff have both types available, but you would need to ask Neff with regard to the inclusion of either in their current models.

The reason that I alluded to the heat emission being influenced by the size of the room was that you needed to be aware that any differences between the size of your kitchen and that of your sisters will make a marked difference with regard to heat exposure..
Notwithstanding this, in a small kitchen you are virtually forced to walk closer to the source of the escaping heat.

As a point only to respond to your question, I work on Neff appliances on a very regular basis.

I hope this has answered your questions well enough for you... Nevertheless, please feel free to respond further should you need.

with kind regard
George

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Yes, well although it is a small kitchen it is not a case of how close I walk near the ovens, as we are not just talking about "escaping heat" here. Perhaps when I said that it was like standing in front of two fan heaters, you didn't understand what that meant. If one stands in front of my ovens, it is like standing in front of fan heaters on full power (not far short of a hairdryer's output). I have made a comparison standing in front of my sister's Neff ovens and although there is some warm air output, it is at an acceptable level.

What I really need to know from someone who deals with Neff appliances on a regular basis, is whether or not this is an unusual phenomena. Apart from telling me that some ovens have front vents, some rear, and some both, you have not indicated whether the issue I currently have is something you have come across before. That is the question I would really like an answer to and also whether the manner in which my ovens are operating should be considered acceptable.

Hello again Sue,

My appologies for the lateness, but a family emergency prevented me returning sooner.

I am not actually there, so I have to trust to your description of the facts and degrees.

1. What you have described above is certainly unusual to Neff ovens that I have either installed, repaired, or have knowledge of that are in the same situation as yours.

2. No it is not anything I have come across in my 30+ years in the field.

The severity you have now described the problem, as opposed to earlier in our conversation, is indeed 'not acceptable' and is something that requires investigation of the cause, as it could be potentially harmful....

I hope this satisfies what you needed answering.

regards
George
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Thank you for the further information. Could you please let me know in what way it could be "potentially harmful".

Many thanks.

Sue

Hello Sue,

If situations are as you have described, "it is like standing in front of fan heaters on full power (not far short of a hairdryer's output)", there is a risk to health from the torrent of hot air blowing toward any person passing or operating the oven.

with regards
George
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Thank you for such a speedy response. My husband is already waiting to hear back from the company responsible for the installation, and I think that the further information you have given me will assist us in getting this properly investigated.

Thank you again.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I am sure that the company involved will be wanting to correct any problems or issues for you with a degree of speed..

Feel free to let me know how you get on.

regards
George

Please rate the assistance given & feel free to ask for further advice if necessary and I'll help if I can.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hi George

Just finally, can you please let me know where you are based in the UK.

Sue

Wales

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Thank you George.

We have a Neff engineer coming here tomorrow. I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Sue