George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a neff schott ceran ceramic hob (not induction) about

I have a neff schott ceran ceramic hob (not induction) about 3 years old. The indicators for all four plates which normally indicate the temperature setting are all flashing with dashes in them "- " None of the controls work at all and we cannot switch the hob on. We have tried switching off at the mains for 30 minutes and turning it back on but all we get is the flashing dashes again. Help!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can I have the Enr and FD of the hob please... This can be found on a label underneath the hob.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enr number is *****
FD number is *****
Please confirm that if you touch and hold the symbol for 3 seconds, the hob remains the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct - nothing happens
That isa failure of one of the boards...

I will contact the technical office tomorrow to confirm this for you.. Once I have more informationI will come back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you managed to find anything out?
Hello, I have spoken to another of my tech guys who has confirmed that this is an issue with the Control Module and Touch Control Set part no# *****

I have sent a message to bosch technical to ask them if they have any further information on the issue (ie.A cure without need for replacement.), I am not aware of one... but the board is an expensive one at £188.95, so it is better to seek the third opinion.

I will come back to you once I hear from them.

regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. Not the news I was hoping for!
I hate giving people bad news; this is why I am requesting a further confirmation and am hoping that a technical solve for the issue is available...
I have unfortunately now had my original diagnosis that the Control Module and Touch Control Set part no# ***** is the cause of your issue... The part has lost its callibration. This issue is classified as a fatal error that cannot be rectified I am informed.

I am sorry to be the one having to give you this sort of news.

As I originally stated, the only cure for the issue is a replacement of that board..

Please rate the assistance that have given you

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok George. Thanks for your help though.
You're very welcome, I just wish I had better news for you..

Please remember to rate the assistance that have given you

regards
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair