George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Caple Freezer RBF1A: the appliance will freeze when placed

Caple Freezer RBF1A: the appliance will freeze when placed under "continuous operation" (additional button press & orange LED), however under 'normal operation" (green LED) it appears not to - the freezer will gradually defrost over 24-48hrs. Not sure how to troubleshoot this, any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

There is a fan in the rear of the freezer.. Can you remove the drawers and let me know if it is rotating.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

The fan isn't visible at the rear of the freezer once I've removed the drawers and I can't see where it may be, so I cannot see whether it is rotating or not. When I switch the freezer into 'continuous operation', the orange LED lights up and there is a whirring noise. When put back into 'normal operation' the green LED doesn't light up (the instruction manual suggests that it should), no whirring noise occurs and the freezer gradually warms up.

Thanks,

Have you adjusted the thermostat setting on the front of the freezer control panel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes this was my first thought. I had first turned it up to 3/4 of the power and experienced the same problem. I have now turned it onto the maximum setting this evening, so I guess it needs a little time still to rule this out, although I was surprised that at 3/4 it wasn't keeping the almost-empty freezer to temperature.

Then, if the green led is not showing, it seems the thermostat behind that cover has failed and will need replacing..

Please rate the assistance given..
I will then be available for further advice if I can help
Hi Hamish,
How are you getting on with purchasing and replacing the thermostat in the fridge freezer?
Remember, I am still here to help you if you need help.
regards
George