Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My NEFF fridge freezer (N59) has stopped dispensing ice

Customer Question

My NEFF fridge freezer (N59) has stopped dispensing ice cubes. There are cubes in the tray, but both settings (cubes and shavings) now only deliver shavings. Can you help please?

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you let me have the full ENr please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ENr?

Hi Amanda ~ all Bosch, Siemens & Neff products have what is called a product code, ie a production number called an ENr ~ this indicates to us engineers which specific model of appliance it is ~ the ENr is laser printed into the top of the inner door ie its etched into the stainless steel across the top edge of the door. It is this ENr that I require please ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

K5930D

Nearly there the K5930D is half of it, it may be followed by 0/01 or 0GB/0* there are at least 8 different version and I need the full ENr please - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

followed by 1GB/02

OK thanks ~ just some background info please, is this something that has recently started to happen or has it been intermittent for a while and now does it all the time? If you open the door without initiating the ice delivery do you have ice in the bucket or shavings? Did you have the problem before you stripped it down and cleaned it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem started a month ago.Ice cubes in the bucket, only shavings dispensed. I emptied and cleaned the ice bucket in case it was that. No change... still ice cubes in bucket and only shavings dispensed. Cleaning it was only to try and get it working. Stopped before that, as I said in my initial message.

OK you have to leave this with me whilst I get more technical information, the ice maker is a complete assembly its functions being controlled by the selectors but at £440 I need to be sure its not the selectors that are faulty ~ Ian