Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Have integrated Bosch dishwasher that was not washing well

Customer Question

have integrated Bosch dishwasher that was not washing well so cleaned out sump below filter. has now stopped filing with water.
do i need to remove fitted door to investigate further and read that could be float switch amongst other things
any thoughts
thx
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Also is the dishwasher still completeing the cycle?Do they seem dry at the end? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

family matter needs urgent attention

will come back later with information

thx

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

family matter needs urgent attention

will come back later with information

thx

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries that's fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model number SGV53EO3GB

Machine does not fill with water at start of cycle and smells of burning if leave on

Thx

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok so when you set it going do you hear any noise at all from the dishwasher?Will the pump run?Does it stop?If you open the door when it stops is there any water at all laying in the bottom of the dishwasher? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When start sounds like pump is running but then stops after 10/15 seconds and no water in bottom

Have removed cover below filter and pump will turn by hand

thx

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok if theres no water entering the dishwasher at all then you need to double check the water supply is turned on for the dishwasher.If that's fine then on this model of dishwasher it has an aqua fill hose on it. So theres a power box that's attached to the water supply. This may be faulty and stopping it from filling. What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and remove the left and side panel.There you will see the hoses going to the aqua hose and 2 wires. You need a multi meter and test the resistance of the coil and if faulty then it will need to be replaced and that should get it filling again. Check that first and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After 10.00pm here in UK so probably a Saturday task!

Will let u know result

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries that's fine.Im in the uk myself so nearly bed time soon myself.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.