George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Hoover vision had vhc 681b is not powering on

Customer Question

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Have you checked that there is power at the socket?

If you have power at the socket, then have you got tools to test the appliance... ie. Multimeter, 7mm Nut Driver, small pozidrive screwdriver.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes there is power at the socket.....but do not have any tools mentioned above

Mathai, the most likely problem is that the one shot theremal cutout has been activated on the rear of the appiance inside the heater housing.. but there is a possibility that the control board behind the buttons on the front is defective, or that power to that board is missing for another reason...

Is it possible that you can obtain the tools so that I can talk you through testing the thermal cutout and controlboard of the appliance?...

Or would you prefer that I find an engineer local to you that can do the job for you?

Please rate the assistance given by me today & feel free to ask for further advice if needed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think a local engineer would be helpful
Please let me know your postcode
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SW15 6BE
Here are a number of Trade Association registered Appliance Engineers that can work on your Hoover Tumble Dryer:

Serac Engineering
Croydon
Phone: 0844(###) ###-####br/>___________________________________

Astrid Technologies LTD.
London
Phone:(###) ###-####8300
___________________________________

Repair Aid Plus Ltd
London
Phone: *********** br/>___________________________________

Repairs4u Ltd
London
Phone: *********** br/>
Is there any other assistance you require?

George

Please rate the assistance given by me & feel free to ask for further advice if needed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We had the engineer coming in yesterday and he said the control board/panel is potentially defective and needs to be replaced and apparently it costs £80GBP.

I am not sure if its worth spending that much on the spare part when the a new dryer is around 200 GBP.

Have you got any thoughts?

Once you have rated the assistance I previously gave you, I will give you information relating to the part and where to get it that at a price less than £40
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok just did that

The PCB is part number 40005949 and can be bought from the following link for £37.14 + P&P

Candy Control Board PCB for VHC 681b

DISCOUNT
If you are buying from the above link a discount might be available.. When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code id1975 to get a discount