Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Hoover hwb814d washing machine. The program runs fine

Customer Question

I have a Hoover hwb814d washing machine. The program runs fine until all the water comes into the machine (near the end of the cycle) to take the fabric softener for the final rinse stage. Then water gushes out of the detergent drawer. We have cleaned the filter and the detergent drawer but it is still happening.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Are you able to pull the machine out from under the worktop?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I am at work at the moment and will pull it out when I get in. Will email back later this afternoon. Thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK
Turn off the power and pull the machine out
Take off the lid
You will see a concertina type hose that goes from the bottom of the soap box drawer to the top of the tub.

If the drawer is clear, then this hose is partialy blocked up.
Try squeezing it and feel for a build up of soap powder, and break it up. Run some water through the hose to help flush it through

Refit lid, job done

If you need more help, please just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the soap dispenser is clear however there appears to be a blockage in the flexible hose. I have squeezed it appears to have dispersed or moved. How can I get the hose off?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
You will need to remove the soap box drawer then undo the hose from the drawer

Rob