George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My detergent and rinse aid dispenser does not open

My detergent and rinse aid dispenser does not open automatically during the dish washing sequence. This has only just started to happen. i think the model is DIS 04 (Indesit)

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Ususally this is caused by failure if the solenoid on the rear of the dispenser to actuate... however on rare occasions, it is noticed to have been caused by failure of the pcb.

The dispenser part number is ***** and can be purchased at the following link:

Indesit Dishwasher Dispenser Assembly

If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount may be available:
To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code id1975 to get a discount

Please rate the assistance given & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me if returning for further assistance as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is a pcb? Also have you any idea what the cost of the dfispenser part is?

If you click on the link it will take you directly the dispenser and give you a price... Don't forget to try the discount code if you intend to buy one... Before discount the price is around £23

The pcb is the main printed circuit board that controls the dispenser solenoid... I have only ever had to change two pcbs for this actual fault.. but I have changed many many solenoids for the same reason.