KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My dishwasher is not working

Customer Question

hi my dishwasher is not working its an AGE oko-favorite sensorlogic. when switched on it only goes to 65 what ever setting you try then does nothing

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... please tell me its complete model number and age of this appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on side of it says favorit 50750 vi. typ .45_1XDB 30. 2200w. PNC 911 234 548 00 S-No 10551437. my dads boss gave to me as got new kitchen. said it wasnt used alot and look new when i got it a month ago. has been working

Thanks for that... it seems that water is there in the base of the dishwasher which has activated the anti flood device ... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and lay it on its back by around 45 degrees so that water comes out... you can also try to clean the base of the dishwasher... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i ve done that and no water came out have wiped the bottom. the only water i can see is in where the salt goes? trying to fish it out with a tea spoon!

OK, please plug it back again and let me know if there is a change or it stops again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im a women already tried! ive booked a repair with a company now thanks Tara

OK, if the error is not solved after cleaning then it seems the heating element will need replacement
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just to let you know the repair man walked in pressed a few buttons and reset it and it started. £119 . i should have google the manual instead. oh well lesson learnt

Oh ok ... thank you