Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I REMOVED MY GLASS DOOR AND REMOVED THE GLASS

I REMOVED MY GLASS DOOR AND REMOVED THE GLASS FOR CLEANING AS PER INSTRUCTIONS - REFIXED SIEMENS DOOR FELT GREAT SPOTLESS HOWEVER THE OVEN DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE TIGHTLY IT IS A SIEMENS BUILT IN OVEN hb131.50b WHAT HAVE i DONE INCORRECTLY?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ how far did you go with cleaning the oven, did you take the hinges off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i did not take hinges off in fact did not touch them at all apart rom unclipping as per manual to remove door.

I uncrewed top panel on both sides with a coin as suggested and then removed glass and cleaned and then unscrewed the next glasss panel exactly as the manual suggested and was careful to replace in exactly the order I had taken the m off

OK when you put the door back in did you ensure that the V shaped cut out in the bottom of the hinge dropped into its slot before your unhooked the locking piece?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i thought i had but i will check that out and respond to you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i have rechecked and I had the v shape in the correct position What do you advise - thi door opens more as the oven temperature is turned on

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Ihave checked and I fitted thedoor taking care to ensure that the v shape s are in the correct postion. this door opens further as the temperature rises and the outflow of hot air is very noticeable and the temperature of the oven is continually shutting down becasue of the door opening.

OK well you have either damaged the door hinge retainers or the hinge assembly itself whilst you were removing/replacing the door, this is the only thing that changes the angle of fit of the door itself ~ Ian

You haven't given me a model number for this oven but this is a fairly common occurrence on BSH products, you have two hinges if you remove them likely you will find that one of them has a broken/damaged return spring. Replace this hinge and this should rectify your problem, what you have at the moment is during normal rest the single return spring is able to keep the door closed, once you switch on the heat and fan the air pressure increases which then forces the door open ~ Ian