George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Good morning ! We have a Bosch classic 1200 express washing

Good morning ! We have a Bosch classic 1200 express washing machine . For the first time we have selected to program pressed start and all the lights come on . Then nothing happens :(((( we can hear a click and again the program does not start can you help please ???
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you please give me the Enr and FD from the label inside the door... Also, can you describe exactly what happens and in what order.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FD 8612
E-Nr WAE24162UK/01
Sure George you select the program press start all the lights come on then you here a click noise say every 30 seconds but the washing program does not start ! Thanks
Thank you Stephen...

You say that you hear a click... At that point, is the door locked, or can you still open it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Locked
Then when you hear the second click, is it open or locked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now on spin cycle but the drum fails to move :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cycle has now finished end button flashing and beeping!
Can you tell me if any of the sin speed leds are flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No you just select the spin speed and the led light just lights up ! So it does light up but does not flash
Ok, so, can you tell me if, during the spin cycle, you can hear the pump running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Ok Stephen... now if you restart a short wash program .. let me know; once the door locks, if the water starts to enter the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good job I've not got a water leak with the speed of this service
Do excuse me for saying so Stephen, but look at the timings on the answers you are giving me..

for some reason, although I am answering you within a few minutes, you are then not replying for upto 2hrs

I am still awaiting a response to my latest question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replied yes to the door locking and water starting to fill the drum . I'm no expert on washing machines but the problem is basically the drum is failing to rotate. All the buttons are lighting up as normal

As you can see from the question stream above, the response was not forthcoming..

What you may see is that the drum is not rotating, but, when you stated

• "press start all the lights come on then you here a click noise say every 30 seconds but the washing program does not start ! Thanks"

I needed to find out what that was, and to ensure all other operations are normal, in order to prevent you spending money on parts that you don't need.... and I need to do this to be able to give you a complete answer

The clicking you are hearing is the relay on the control panel.. The relay is clicking on and off as the drum sequences are starting and stopping.

One or more of three things are causing your motor not to turn, and they are:

1. The brushes in the motor have worn too low to allow the motor to run (Change the brushes

2. The thermal protector inside the motor has tripped (The motor will need dismantling in order to reset or change the TOC)

3. The wiring between the motor and the pcb (control board) has become faulty and needs repairing.

1 & 2 above are the most common of causes, whilst 3 is rare.

Please rate the assistance I have given you today & feel free to ask for further advice if needed

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair