Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Am unable to light the pilot on my MAG 325/7 TZW water heater

Am unable to light the pilot on my MAG 325/7 TZW water heater after repeated attempts. Does a componente need renewing piezo? How can I relight ?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Hi , can you see the piezo making a spark?.if not then you may need a new piezo or lead . if you can see sparking it could be the pilot is blocked and needs cleaning.

Also if you can light the pilot with a taper through the viewing window , this would prove the pilot is OK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi! Your answer was very helpful. Until I can get a new piezo I hope its ok to just light thro observation pane and then replace the latter. Once the pilot is alight the heater works well. Thanks for your advice..........Mike.

Your welcome